Monday, January 4, 2010

Swing that hammer!

Its a new year and my husband and I have undertaken a small project together. We have decided to remove our existing rock fireplace hearth and cover the rock with something more modern. The last 2 days we have actually had fun taking turns with the chisel and hammer and its been therapeutic for both of us. This is the first chance we have had to do a home improvement project since his diagnosis over a year ago. I will post photos soon and you will see what has made me soooooo sore!

The new year holds plenty of promise for excitement....my older teen daughter now has her driver's permit...and this time next year the younger one will as well! Life is always interesting with teen girls! We all had a great Christmas and enjoyed each other over the new year. I love the fact that I can have an adult conversation with my kids now and I truly enjoy hearing their points of view on issues. My job is in guiding them on how to best express those opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment