Friday, December 18, 2009

7 more days 'til Christmas

I must apologize for my absence lately. I have no excuses, just lack of motivation.

The insurance thing isn't working out so much. Its not that it isn't worth doing, it is just a saturated market and I am really not a salesman. I have been looking for full time work with little results in this economy. Its not that I am not qualified - there just isn't a lot of open positions near me but I will keep looking and praying.

I have done a lot of baking while home and I am really enjoying it. I would advertise and sell my goodies but I cannot get a license for that because of my indoor pet. It is mainly for friends and family right now. My artistic side is trying to come out and I have plenty of ideas - I guess I just need a way to sell my wares.

Christmas is in 7 days and I am not even close to being ready. I am ready for the family and time together, but I have not finished with half of the things I wanted to get done. Its not about gifts, but activities to make memories for our family.

Christmas last year was such a bummer and I just want this one to be way better all the way around. Last year, my husband was in bed with a broken back and had just been diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma. As a matter of fact, he was officially diagnosed on December 18, 2008 exactly one year from today. Since then he has nursed a bad back, had a stem cell transplant and retired from being a policeman.

It has been a busy year, but not a great one. We are ALL looking to making 2010 much better and I hope your coming year brings you much greatness and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment