Saturday, August 1, 2009

Cash for Cars? HA!

My two cents.....Ok, this whole Cash for Cars thing sounded great but our incompetent government has run out of money for it in less than a week! Seriously, what were they thinking?!? I heard somewhere and I don't remember where, that they mighty government only expected about 12 individuals to take part in the program per participating dealer. What they got were several hundred per dealer! I think someone will be rethinking their figures.

Honestly that is what we get for expecting our government to be our heros. Government has gotten so large that it is no longer a true democracy. We moved out of that after the Great Depression. All those programs introduced did help people but it also created a dependance upon our government that will never be broken. I know that the numbers that are kicked out to the public as information on the national debt, GDP, GNP, etc are not accurate....How on earth could they be? There are parts of the government infrastructure that spend money that nobody sees and they like it that way. They feed us the information they think we want to hear and it placates the majority.

I actually cringe at the thought of our government managing an entire healthcare system! I have experienced large hospitals and very small hospitals and received the same care from both whether it be good or bad. I have worked for large companies and small ones and have seen the pros and cons of each. It is true that it is harder to get things approved when you have to go through a longer chain of command. Our government creates chains that resemble circles rather than straight paths to a goal.

I personally believe that if they take the free enterprise system out of our healthcare choices they will take the FREE out of our country. If people don't have to work for something and it is just handed to them it creates dependance. Our country was not founded on the government running the people. IT WAS FOUNDED ON THE PEOPLE RUNNING THE GOVERNMENT!

Switching gears...Everything seems pretty calm right now in our house. Which makes me conclude that life is fixing to get crazy and change all that. I have managed to organize a few things and am even contemplating shampooing the carpets...I know, don't rush things! My husband tells me to pace myself but when I'm on a roll I just want to keep on going because it feels good to get all this done. I just have so many things I want to do and when I have time to do them it seems logical to bust out and get busy!

School will be starting soon as well. I has seemed like such a short summer to all of us that I really avoid mentioning that 6-letter word. I am trying to come up with fun things to do that aren't too far from home. My husband can't join us for most things but I am trying to be creative. It does help that the two teenagers have plenty of friends in our own neighborhood and I don't have to shuttle them around. They are happy to be hanging out with their friends after being at "The Grandparent's House" for a month.

I plan on spending part of today to find a nice outdoor cafe to take my hubby to for our anniversary tomorrow. He can't be inside public places yet, but an outdoor setting would be okay! I am excited to be planning our 13th Anniversary dinner together. We have been through a LOT in those years and we will probably face much more....but together we can do anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment