Monday, August 17, 2009

What to do?

My husband's biggest battle right now is boredom. I am trying to help him by pointing out small projects and he is grateful but I am running out of things too! Now if I could just make him see the dirty dishes, unfolded laundry and unmade beds.....Wives from all over would pay for that if I could figure it out! We tackle the new heating element for the clothes dryer today......ooooo fun.

We find out on Wednesday what the Dr. thinks of his progress and if he can do more public activities. Our daily walks down to see one of our neighbors has been the extent of his social life and he looks forward to it. I know he is doing well and will be able to do much more with the Dr.'s permission.

Summer is coming to a close for the kids but it is my favorite time of the year. I love the cooler evenings, crisp mornings and being able to watch the colors of fall come in. The seasons change and many people resist the change. I say its a waste of energy to fight the change....embrace it. Live it! Change is inevitable. Everything changes so why do humans hate it so much? Because it moves us from a place of comfort. Its nice to be comfortable, but it should never be a lifestyle.

Obama promised change and his eloquent words were full of hope. But you cannot force people to change against their will no matter how much hope it has. The human race resists change and President Obama is finding that out. The change he is proposing must happen in stages. Our health care system is sick but treatment will be a process not a shot in the butt! Much like my husband's illness, it will take a lifetime of care and maintenance.

No comments:

Post a Comment