Sunday, August 23, 2009

Football season is here!

OK...I love football but since moving to NC I have had a little difficulty enjoying it so much. It isn't easy when your favorite teams are on the opposite coast. I like the Carolina Panthers and all but I have been a fan of the Seattle Seahawks since I was a little girl. My other favorite team is whoever is scheduled to play Dallas that day!!! I have always disliked Dallas to an extreme, mostly because the owner is a less than savory character in my book. The new stadium is a pure example of how somebody's large ego won out over common sense. Those huge video screens are so low that a tall person would feel compelled to duck when walking under them. They are obviously in the way of normal play and will have to be moved much to the chagrin of the proud owner. O well!

Only 2 more days until school starts and I know I am ready. We did enjoy a very nice day yesterday as a family. We went up to the state's Farmer's Market, walked around and indulged in treats that we don't normally see. We don't get to drink Nehi sodas and snack on homemade pecan sandies every day and that was nice. It was also nice to see that smiles among the feuding sisters did start to emerge fairly early and didn't go away. We brought home some giant peaches, snap beans and blueberries and I can't wait to eat them.

My husband did very well walking around and we managed to find him places to sit to rest on a regular basis. We also went to church in the evening since the crowds are smaller in the Saturday night service. He also managed to get in his regular trip around the neighborhood with the dog.....and he was feeling great! I cannot tell you how proud of him I am since only 6 months ago he was bed ridden with fractured vertebrae and he is only 60 days out from a stem cell transplant.

We still take each day at a time but there are many more good days than bad ones now and that is a blessing from above. We praise our Lord, Jesus that he has been healed and his cancer is in remission.

No comments:

Post a Comment