Tuesday, August 25, 2009

School Starts 2009

It's official...the kiddos started school today. They were understandably excited, anxious and even a little scared. My freshman is starting a school with nearly 2300 students - the largest she has even seen. She told me that her school was larger than the mall and that was just wrong! My 8th grader is headed back to rule the school and was excited about seeing all her friends. I am just happy to have my house back during the day! They have been driving each other crazy all summer and it will be interesting to see how they react to each other now that they head in opposite directions every day.

I have one more night of insurance class and then time to study before I schedule my state exams. I am preparing to enter the mighty world of insurance and am excited for this change as well. This is a whole new thing for all of us but I know I can do it and am ready for a career. This will also allow me to set my own schedule so I am not a slave to a cubicle and I can be available for the kid's activities.

My husband is preparing for a little more alone time but since the Dr. said he can get out more I am also expecting him to get a life again. We have several neighbors that are home during the day and they always have a "project" going on and some trips to the community center and pool could be good for him too.

We are hoping to get back out to the coast again soon. Maybe a trip down to Wilmington since I have not been there yet. This photo was taken in New Bern, NC spring break this year when we stopped for lunch downtown. We were only traveling thru but hope to be back next summer for their 300th anniversary. There was a lot of construction going on to prepare but it is one very cool town....its also the birthplace of Pepsi Cola. Check out the official website for the celebration.
http://www.newbern300th.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment